The KITEs (Kestrels Inclusion Team) are a new group catering for post 16 students who meet every Friday afternoon. The group is for current and ex-students who have an interest in sport and physical activity. They have a number of roles that include:
- Volunteering at Kestrel clubs and competitions;
- Organising excursions and outdoor activities;
- Promoting Kestrels through newsletters and press releases;
- Competing in adult and junior disability sporting leagues;
- Planning and implementing fund raising activities for Cedars and Kestrels.
Working alongside the ISO, they play a big role in coordinating valuable fund raising activities. Some of our recent fund raising events have included:
- Sport Relief Challenge - £1200;
- Tyne Bridge Bungee Jumps - £2454;
- Sainsbury's Bag Pack - £654.
The KITEs have also been successful in raising over £1000 worth of funding from the Co-operative Membership Scheme and Gateshead Council to fund the development of the group. This has allowed the group to attend a number of team-bonding excursions such as:
- A trip to Wembley to watch Gateshead FC in the Play-Off Final;
- A trip to Durham Rugby Club to watch Durham RFC play Gateshead RFC;
- An afternoon at Heworth Leisure Centre surfing on the Flo-Rider;
The funding has also helped towards the setting up of Gateshead Kestrels FC. The team is made up of 9 KITEs members and play in the newly-formed Newcastle Development League which takes place at Walker Activity Dome on the second Saturday of every month.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org